Please read the following carefully to understand our views and systems regarding your data and how we will treat it. For the Data Protection Act, the data controller is Strings Unlimited (Add address).
Personal information we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- We collect personal information through your interactions with us, such as when you contact us or when you provide your details through our online forms, when you subscribe to our services, when you use our websites and online services or when you visit our offices or attend an event. We may also receive information about you from third party sources.
- We may also keep a record of any contact including, details of the transaction you carry out through our website and any queries through our social media accounts.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is necessary for our billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. It is statistical data about our audience browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone at any stage.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which stores data on your browser or the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies contain information that transfers to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the website to operate.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented effectively for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you provide your consent to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by electronic means.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Strings Unlimited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in that case, your data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to treat your data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can use your right to prevent such processing by opting-out on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the above address or by email to (general inquiry email address).
Access to information
According to the act, you can access the information at any time. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.